Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Reppin' The Red, Green, And Gold!


These pictures are from about two months ago, when the World Cup was going on. As I am half Portuguese, me and my dad got decked up in our Portugal attire to watch the Portugal-Brazil match. (We tied-- not too shabby) Portugal ended up being eliminated in the round of 16. Oh well, we had a good run. We also scored the highest defeat in the whole tournament when we beat North Korea 7-0! Spain would end up winning the World Cup for the first time in history! I was really happy because I love Spain and think they are a great team and country. Overall, this was such a fun World Cup, especially since the US went to the round of 16 as well, and a record number of people in the US watched. World Cup fever was definately upon us! I believe that soccer is emerging as a relevant sport in this country, and I couldn't be more excited! This country will realize the beauty of the Beautiful Game!

XOXO,
Olivia

No comments: